Welcome to the Stockholm International Swimming Club!
Here are the most frequently asked questions from our new students.
Which course is right for me?
Here are the courses we offer:
- Swimming 101: for beginners
- Swimming 102: continuation course
- Crawl 101: for beginners
- Crawl 102: continuation
- Individual coaching
In our group classes, we have 2 coaches for 4-5 students. This ratio enables us to give adult beginners the personal attention and safety needed to develop new skills in the water. But if you don’t feel comfortable learning to swim in a group or want even more personal attention, we recommend private classes.
Watch our video where Anna Kazakova Lindegren, co-founder and coach at Stockholm International Swimming Club, explains how to choose the right course.
What pool do you teach at?
We teach at several pools in the Greater Stockholm area. Visit Our pools to see where we teach.
What should I bring to swimming lessons?
- Comfy bathing suit
- 1-2 towels (the extra one is for the sauna)
- Bathing cap (recommended)
- Goggles (you can also borrow a pair from us if you are unable to buy a pair)
- Flip-flops (recommended)
- Plastic/dry bag for wet stuff after class
- Shampoo/shower gel (provided at Haga Health Club)
- Padlock (provided at Haga Health Club)
- Warm, cozy clothes for after training
What precautions is SISC taking due to COVID-19?
Although the risk of COVID-19 infection in the pool is minimal, we naturally follow the recommendations of the Swedish public health authorities. We would like to remind our students of the following important preventive measures:
- Do not attend lessons if you have any symptoms of a cold or flu (cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, fatigue).
- Shower with soap before entering the pool and upon leaving the pool.
- Wear flip-flops in the pool area and showers.
- Avoid touching your face or eyes.
- Absolutely no spitting or blowing nose in the pool area or showers.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with your arm, not your hands.
- Keep a distance from others.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Follow public health hygiene recommendations at all times in public places.
How should I prepare for my lesson?
- Avoid eating a heavy meal right before class but bring a snack for afterwards.
- Always shower without a bathing suit and with soap before your lesson. This helps keep the pool clean.
- Change into your bathing suit before your lesson starts.
- Tie long hair or wear a bathing cap.
How long are classes and what should I expect?
Our classes are always 1 hour long and courses vary in length from 4-6 classes, depending on the course. You’ll enjoy a lot of individual attention in our classes since we aim to have 2 coaches in each class of 4-5 students. During the first lesson, we’ll give you a short introduction and more information about the course.
I have my period. Do I need to skip my swimming lesson?
No, you can absolutely swim during your period. And swimming (or any other exercise) when you have your period can even relieve cramping. Read more tips on swimming during your period here
Can I make up a missed class?
We offer our students the opportunity to make up one missed class. Just let us know and we’ll find a spot in another available group.
How do I cancel my registration for swimming lessons?
Please email us to cancel. For group classes, our cancellation policy is 14 days and for individual coaching, we require 24 hours. In the event of an emergency or illness, check with your insurance company to see if this is covered.