Our intensive one-week Open Water Swimming Camp consists of 5 sessions over 5 days. The camps are suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced swimmers.
This camp is for you if you:
- are new to open water swimming or already a confident swimmer
- want like to improve your technique (crawl or breaststroke) or open water swimming skills
- want to learn how to swim safely in open water
- want to improve your speed or challenge yourself
The coaches will adjust the exercises and techniques taught in the course. But no matter what your level, you’ll become more confident and have fun swimming in the open water.
For beginners, we’ll cover the basics of safe swimming in open water, starting with exercises on shore and then venturing out for shorter swims. The focus will be on improving breaststroke technique – the most important stroke for keeping you safe in the water – but you’ll also get a chance to learn some freestyle basics.
Advanced swimmers will work on developing speed and increasing endurance, swimming distances of at least 1.5 km each session.
5 lessons in 1 week, daily from 16:00 to 17:30
2,250 SEK per person*
If you’ve taken another course with us this year, let us know and we’ll send you a promo code for a discount!
* Price includes 100 SEK annual SISC membership fee.
- open water swimming instruction with an experienced coach
- goodie bag from Stockholm International Swimming Club (some swimming essentials)
NB: You should have your own wetsuit for this course.
We’ll meet at Brunnsvikens strandbad, the beach just across the lake from Haga Health Club where we hold some of our other swimming courses. We swim in any weather so be prepared to get used to summer swimming, Swedish style!